STAND STRONG : You Can Overcome Bullying (and Other Stuff That Keeps You Down)
reviewed by Soh Chin Choo, Head of Cataloging Division, Sabah State Library Headquarters
Bullying is a global epidemic. So if you are being bullied, you are not alone. In Stand Strong Nick Vujicic gives you strategies for developing a “bully defense system” so you can handle bullies of all kinds, by building your strength from the inside out.
With no arms, no legs, and no defense , Nick Vujicic has experienced bullying of all kinds for being “different”. He knows what it feels like to be picked on and pushed around. But Nick learned that he does not have to play the bully's game – and neither do you. No bully can define who you are, and in the book Nick shows how you too can overcome and rise above bullying.
Find out how to:
• Turn being bullied into a great opportunity (yes, really!)
• Create a safety zone within yourself
• Establish strong values that no bully can shake
• Deal with cyber bullies
• Develop a spiritual foundation to stay strong against bullying
• Monitor your emotions and control your response to them
• Help others who are being bullied
I liked the book because of the author's practical advice in facing and handling bullying, his positive approach and his strong faith in God.